Friday, February 7, 2014

Super easy and yummy granola!

Okay, the other day I made the easiest granola, so easy in fact that I make it like once a week now if not more and I have the recipe memorized!
You'll need 1 cup of puffed rice cereal, 1 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/3 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 1 tbsp of unsalted butter, and a handful of rains and chocolate chips ( I used mini chips for this batch).
I put my dry ingredients in a big bowl, excluding the chocolate chips, those get added at the end so the peanut butter honey mix doesn't melt them.
In a small sauce pan add your butter, peanut butter, and honey on low heat and stir until melted. Once melted and heated through, it has a bit of a warm caramel texture and color.
Pour the warm sauce over the cereal, oats, and raisins.
Stir it up nicely then toss in your handful of chocolate chips
Then dump the mix in which dish you prefer, some may prefer a muffin pan I like this pretty casserole dish, I smoothed it out and popped in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool. Once cooled go ahead and enjoy plain or add to some yogurt, however you want it. To store leftovers cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment