Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mean Green Smoothie

So for Valentine's Day I didn't get the typical flowers and candy that most girls get, I got something way better that will last me way longer, I got a Ninja Pulse! I have always had a traditional blender, you know that $20 one you pick up while out and about, well it wasn't processing my frozen fruit or ice when I wanted a smoothie or a margarita, so I wanted something better. My sweet incredible husband listened to my request and come V-Day I got the answer the my smoothie prayers. The Ninja Pulse has been fabulous so far, I have only made smoothies, but that little thing can puree frozen fruit of all kinds in just seconds! So needless to say, but I will anyway, I have been on a smoothie kick for a little over a week now and I've branched out adding in those green leafy veggies I hear are so good for you.
Today's lunch was a pineapple, mango, spinach smoothie and I'm going to be very honest with you, it was awesome! The pineapple and mango cover up the taste of the spinach completely I couldn't tell you it was in there if it wasn't for the color.
The Ninja Pulse came from amazon.com and included 3 travel cups, I haven't even used the big blender attachment yet. I've been tossing my ingredients in the travel cups blending them up and using those nice plastic straws they sell at Starbucks for their reusable cups.
My smoothie had a cup of low fat vanilla yogurt, small handful of each: frozen pineapple tidbits, frozen mango chunks, and baby spinach leaves, I added a scoop of protein powder to give the smoothie some more staying power and enough fat free milk to get it to my preferred consistency which is probably 1/2 cup.
The finished product, a nicely blended healthy lunch that I can take on the go if needed. If the temps keep climbing around here I'm going to be indulging in some homemade frappes, I have read about freezing some coffee in an icecube tray for smoothies, I think I'll have to give that a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment