Monday, July 15, 2013

Amazon & The Everygirl's Guide to Life

Have you heard of the Amazon Prime membership? Typically Amazon offers you a free trial of the membership for 30 days and after that it's $79 a year. The biggest benefit is free 2-day shipping on all items fulfilled by amazon and a lot of other vendors. I order a lot on amazon and the free shipping is great for me. Amazon is a great invention, you can find almost anything you can think of on their site. Like today I'm about to order a salad spinner, because I'm tired of wet lettuce, I will have that salad spinner at my door in 2 days, pretty fantastic and totally worth the $79 a year for me. There are some other perks that come with the amazon prime membership, like special pricing on books and music. I learned yesterday that there are amazon apps for the iphone and ipad that can help you take even more advantage of the membership or just your amazon account in general. There is Amazon Cloud Player, Amazon Kindle, Amazon Instant Video, and Amazon shopping app. All of these apps are available for both the ipad and the iphone, I would imagine you can get them for droid as well. The great thing about all of these apps is that I sign in with my one and only amazon login and everything is suddenly available, such as the songs I purchase, they are now on both my ipad and iphone because I login with the same amazon user id for both devices. 


My most recent purchase this weekend was a book by Maria Menounos, you may know her as a reporter for Entertainment Tonight and she has appeared on several other TV shows and has done guest articles in many publications. I think Maria is gorgeous, great skin and hair, her body is put together different from mine but I believe her fashion tips and health tips are general enough to be used across the board. This book is called "The Everygirl's Guide to Life" and I'm only on chapter 3 but so far I'm really enjoying the read. I downloaded this book for my upcoming vacation, it's great having it on the ipad which produces it's own light so I can read in the dark, not the best for my eyes but great on saving the energy at the solar powered cabin I'm renting. 
I also purchased the paper copy of "Fifty Shades of Gray" but books that read like books are not my most favorite to read. I figured with all the hype on 50 shades that it will read just fine for me but I prefer magazines, those are my guilty pleasure. I subscribe to about 5 different magazines and my mom and bestie subscribe to a few others and we all trade back and forth. I can engulf myself in a magazine for over and hour looking at the beautiful glossy pictures and reading about everything from diet and exercise to the latest fashion finds. That is what I love most about this book "The Everygirl's Guide to Life" it reads like a magazine, with great pics of Maria and her actual home and how she implements the tips that she's giving you in her own everyday life. I also love the "Honest Life" by Jessica Alba and Lauren Conrad "Style" book, after I finish the Maria Menuonos book I'll probably invest in the Lauren Conrad "Beauty" book. 



                                            
One of the chapters I have read so far was about organizing your home and your closet. I love this idea below from Maria's house, she went to Ikea and bought rods, drawers, cabinets, etc. to build her own closet in a spare bedroom in her house, my hope is that when we finally purchase a home of our own in January that I'll have an extra bedroom that I can do this too, I hope that it will also double as my office/exercise room and then line the walls with cabinets and shelves to have all my pretty clothes, shoes, and accessories surrounding me. The best part is while I'm running in the mornings on my elliptical I can scan the room for what I'm going to toss on after my shower, I think this could streamline my mornings. I'm looking forward to the other tips in this great book!
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment