Thursday, June 27, 2013

Glycolic Peel

I am a freckle faced girl with hormonal subcutaneous acne, and when I was younger I picked at that acne...leaving me with some scarring. I am blessed to have a face full of freckles that camoflauge the imperfections naturally, but let's just say I'm not getting any younger. My skin has become a concern of mine over the past 2 years and I have heard some great things about glycolic peels to use at home. These peels are known to do a lot of great things for your skin.

Peels are used for:

  • Reducing those pesky fine lines
  • Treating wrinkles cause from too much sun with no SPF
  • Improve appearance of mild scarring
  • Possible treatment for acne
  • Reduce age spots, freckles, and other discolorations
  • Improve skins overall feel, texture, and appearance
I did a lot of research when I was trying to pick the right peel for me, I wanted something that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Luckily Sephora's website had a lot of options with a lot of detailed information. I chose the Facial Radiance Pads from First Aid Beauty, they were $28 for a container of 60 pads. These pads contain the glycolic acid but they also contain natural ingredients like cucumber, indian gooseberry, lemon peel, and licorice root making it a bit more mild for everyday use. The directions are to use the product every morning and evening on clean skin, I only use in the mornings because most of the time my evening skin routine is clean off the eye-makeup and wipe down the face with a wipe. I have noticed a bit of an improvement in my overall appearance and plan to continue using these little babies.

1 comment:

  1. Love the post. I like getting new skincare ideas.

    I'm a new reader. Can't wait to read more!

    I also just wanted to let you know that I am starting a new Sunday format on my Blog to help beauty bloggers and youtubers connect and find others, and gain followers. I'd love if you checked it out!

    http://bit.ly/16Am860

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete