Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Baseball !!!

First baseball game of the year last night and it was perfect, except the home team did not win. I love going to a baseball game, the cheers, the smells of popcorn and hotdogs, the bright colors of the home team everywhere you look, it's a fantastic way to spend a summer evening.
My home team is the Cincinnati Reds, they are doing fantastic this season, at least that is my understanding. I do enjoy going to see a game, but I do not follow it very much other than when I am there live in the stadium. I of course know the local best players and the basic rules, enough to enjoy the game, I do not know any player stats or the in depth rules of baseball.
Trying to stick low carb I had a bacardi rum and diet coke to start the evening. 

The weather couldn't have been better, it was not too hot and not too cold, just perfect! It would have been better if the Reds had won but you can't have everything I guess.
 I walked halfway around the stadium for my dinner, you can actually kind of see the place I walked to in the above picture, its the little wooden roof almost right smack in the middle of the picture, it was called Mr. Red's Smokehouse. The stadium has really added a lot of variety in the food choices, since I'm trying to drop some weight before summer is in full effect, this was great for me. There were two little markets inside the stadium that sold salads, cold sandwiches, fruit, and even sushi! Back to my dinner from the Smokehouse, I ordered a pulled pork sandwich, baked beans, and coleslaw, of course since I am going low carb the bun did not make its way in to my belly but rather in to my husband's. I was very please with the pulled pork sandwich, it was very yummy, the beans were not my favorite baked beans but good enough to eat and the coleslaw was a little bland so I added some salt and pepper and it turned out to be a good low carb dinner at the baseball game and totally worth walking half way around the stadium.



Haha you see in the pictures that this was after a few drinks, notice the eyes tilting. They like to trick you at the baseball games, drinks are rather expensive but also rather large, so you think you had 1 mixed drink and 2 beers but in normal sizes it ends up being almost 2 mixed drinks and 3 beers.
It was an incredible evening, if it's my only game this baseball season, I am happy even if the hometown boys didn't pull out a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment