Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Movies from the weekend

I watched a few movies on Sunday, ones that I know my husband wouldn't enjoy, you know the girly movies that make us cry or the ones that portray the man as some kind of prince that does not exist in the real world. 

So of course you know I went with Safe Haven, based on the Nicholas Sparks book. I was pretty surprised by this movie, I was expecting more love and crying but there was a bit of mystery and a twist. Overall this was good but is there any movie about a Nicholas Sparks novel that women don't love. 
I tell you another thing I loved about this movie, the town it was filmed in. No wonder Julianne Hough's character decides to stick around there it's a gorgeous little fishing town. I loved the houses, the neighborhoods, and the styling. Julianne wore some cute and chic outfits that would be good for summer inspiration, especially for the lake house vacation we are taking in late July.

The other movie I went with was Hope Springs. This was a cute movie but not as good as I had hoped, I was expecting something like It's Complicated but it didn't have the same zing. There were parts of the movie that were boring but it's a very true movie about how relationships change and develop over the years. Glad I watched it but wouldn't call it anything special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment