Monday, May 13, 2013

Crabcakes!

Every time I make crabcakes I make them a little different but with the same basic principal behind them. 
I always sautee some onions, garlic, and peppers, what was different this time was the combo of peppers I went with orange and green, usually it's just a red pepper. I was also just about out of panko bread crumbs so I had toss some saltine crackers in the food processor to make the rest of the crumbs. I used one container of crab meat and even though there is only 1 egg pictured I needed 2 of them to hold everything together. This made 5 large crabcakes. 

Sautee the veggies in a bit of olive oil until they are soft then let them cool a bit so they don't cook the egg when you mix it together to make the cakes
 The crumbs, crab, eggs, and veggies all get mixed together and then you just...
 form the mixture in to patties and put in a hot skillet that has a bit of olive oil in it for the frying, it take about 5 minutes per side, until it has a nice golden crust 
 I like a lemon aoli sauce with my crabcakes, salmon cakes, breaded shrimp, any kind of breaded fried fish goes nice with a lemon aoli sauce. The sauce is so simple to make, and tastes the same as any restaurant.
You just need a bit of mayo, some lemon juice, and some diced up garlic, mix it all up and there you have lemon aoli sauce. You can add a bit of tarragon to this mix too, but I didn't have any on hand. 
 Finished product, crabcakes and salad.
 The aoli and hot sauce both taste nice with the cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment