Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Londoner's Epic Fish Tacos...Kind of

Last night I made yummy fish tacos, however I completely forgot to take pictures, so I'm going to use one from the blog that I got the recipe http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/11/epic-fish-tacos.html.
Rosie makes some pretty yummy recipes and seems to live a pretty nice life, I really enjoy reading her blog and have tried a few of her recipes that have all turned out rather yummy! The londoner is possibly my favorite blog out there. 




I did make a few changes to the recipe not for flavor reasons, just because it's what I had on hand to make the recipe.
I used 1 lb of tilapia fillets and marinated them according to Rosie's recipe, with the olive oil, garlic, cilantro, kosher salt, and lime. I did realize that a larger mortar and pestle are going to be on my shopping list for this weekend, my little one for spices was not big enough, I had to mash in a couple batches to get enough marinade, but it worked. I didn't put guacamole on the taco, just some sliced up avocado, some fresh salsa, romaine lettuce, and the secret sauce. The secret sauce was a variation on Rosie's because my husband doesn't really like mayonnaise so I used just some low fat organic sour cream mixed with some hot sauce, and it was awesome, this secret sauce is going to be added to a lot things from now on! I also topped mine with a bit more fresh cilantro, because I love it! Thanks Rosie for the great recipe as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment