Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pork ragu

Another Italian recipe I made but with an American twist, I did it in the crockpot. When I got home yesterday for lunch I cooked instead of eating. I needed to brown a 2 lb pork shoulder on all sides in a skillet, tossed that in the crockpot then in the same skillet with a bit more olive oil I sauteed an onion and a couple cloves of garlic, once they were sweating and see thru I added some basil, sage, and rosemary gave it a stir then added a large can of crushed tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce. I mixed all that up and poured it on top of the meat in the crockpot, cooked it on low for 6-7 hours. Once it's cooked take the meat out and shred it up, I use 2 forks and my hands to do the shredding. I made some instant polenta and plopped a heap of ragu on top, I would have topped it with parmesan or burrata but my only choice was some fresh mozzarella and it was delicious! I have plenty of leftovers which will be piled on a sandwich today with some provolone for my lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment