Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicken lettuce wraps

Last Saturday I caught a show on the cooking channel, Lose 5lbs with Goodhousekeeping and some of their popular chefs. The show was pretty good, I would like to see the next episode but I will be laid up in a beautiful cabin this weekend and not sure they will have the cooking channel. Anyway I got this idea for this healthy dinner from that show, Chicken lettuce wraps, kind of similar to P.F. Chang's but will need some tweaking, my husband thought they were fantastic, I thought it was just okay, it was missing something, I think I would add a bit of some asian salad dressing or marinade to the sauce the next time.


1/2 lb of ground chicken breast meat, 1/2 lb of ground chicken thigh meat, water chestnuts (canned), soy sauce, olive oil, a piece of fresh ginger, 2 stalks of celery, crushed red pepper flakes



dice green onions (my husband did a great job)



Combine sugar, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and grated ginger for sauce



dice up celery, 1 clove of garlic, green onion, water chestnuts



toss the meat and veggies in a skillet warmed with some olive oil



finshed product, I service with romaine lettuce leaves because that's what I had but you could use whatever you want


No comments:

Post a Comment