Saturday, April 6, 2013

Chicken parmesan, kind of...

Ahh, that wonderful American-italian classic, hahaha, my husband says there is nothing italian about chicken and pasta. He reluctantly ate it with pasta this time but usually I make it with something else for him and he likes the chicken just drives him crazy that we call it italian and he's never seen such a thing in Italy.
I love making chicken parmesan because its good and it's easy.

This is the breading, a combination of garbanzo bean flour, a little bit of regular flour, some basil, oregeno, garlic powder, and pepper.


The chicken, placed it between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound away with the tenderizer mallet to get it nice an thin.


I cut the breasts into strips and then dunked them in a mix of eggs and milk, after they were coated with egg and milk the got dredged in the flour mixture and tossed into a skillet with some hot olive oil.



I browned them about 3 minutes each side and placed in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish, that I also sprayed with a bit of cooking spray. They were topped with a mixture of things, a bit of organic basil tomato pasta sauce, and some shredded low fat mozzarella, some sliced provolone, and topped with some fresh parmesan.


I baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes until the cheese was melted and bubbly and everything was warm.


Contrary to my husband's wishes we ate the chicken with pasta aglio olio pepperoncini (pasta with olive oil that was warmed with garlic and red pepper flakes) and it was so yummy!
By the way he couldn't tell that I had cooked the chicken in garbanzo bean flour so that goes to show that it is good for breading your chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment