Monday, March 4, 2013

First attempt with muffin pan

Okay so these didn't turn out to be incredible but figured I'd share my creating anyway...they were edible that's for sure just think that lemon poppyseed isn't the best flavor for doughnuts.
I recently purchased a doughnut baking pan because it looked like a lot of fun and I love blueberry and pumpkin doughnuts this way I can bake them myself and know exactly what's in them. So I couldn't find an organic blueberry muffin mix at the store I went to the only one they had was lemon poppyseed, so I figured why not. Instead of the add-ins the box calls for I used 2 egg whites, 1 cup of natural applesauce, and 1 applesauce  container filled with water. Spray the doughnut pan with pam and bake at 350 for 10 mins.









I made a glaze for the doughnuts using skim milk, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.


They turned out pretty just the lemon poppyseed is a bit strange as a doughnut. Next I will try blueberry for sure even if it's not organic I'll at least do something fat free. These dougnuts have about 250 calories and 1 gram of fat per doughnut I would say that's better than a iced cake doughnut from dunkin for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment