Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Turkey Day Eve!

Today wearing my new sweater I purchased at H&M this past weekend, it was a bit expensive, $50, for an H&M item but it's made really well, should last a few winters. The sweater is really thick and warm, with blue, maroon, and red colors mixed in I don't think I'll have any problems matching it for outfits.


 This morning I got my elliptical workout plus some free weights and crunches, to celelbrate I got a pumpkin bagel with reduced fat honey walnut cream cheese and a non-fat chai tea from panera. Actually I stopped this morning and got bagels for the whole office, since we didn't have time to plan a thanksgiving celebration for today I figured why not at least provide yummy bagels for everyone. I got some clementines for later so I can keep up on that trying to get the proper amount of fruits and veggies in each day.
Don't want to forget, today is Friday for most of us in the corporate world so 4 day weekend here I come!
Yesterday stopped to tour a house, it was nice, it had a laundry shoot, I've always wanted one of those, but the back yard had an odd layout but overall was nice, they are asking a bit much for rent but may be willing to negotiate if we sign a 2 or 3 year lease so we are keeping this one in mind.
After the house tour we stopped at the grocery to get all the fixings to cook tomorrow, my hubby  is excited, being from Italy he doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving and has never roasted a turkey, last night was even his first time buying a whole turkey. We are going to have a lot of fun cooking up a storm tomorrow, well starting tonight actually because I brine my turkey, I use a recipe from Emeril Lagasse, he's a fantastic cook! One problem though they were all out of fresh thyme at the store so tonight after work I am planning to take my fur baby for a pawdicure and hopefully run to another store and hope they have some fresh thyme, it really makes a big difference, could also use shallots too. May also pick up some things to make a frittata for tonights dinner too, I've been a serious egg kick lately, which works good for me because I have great numbers for cholesterol and blood pressure but my hubby doesn't so when I cook with eggs I try to use mainly whites, since I can't control his red meat intake, haha his favorite food group!

No comments:

Post a Comment