Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkins!

So I would imagine you know that Halloween started as a Spanish holiday, dia de los muertos, the day of the dead. We brought it to the United States and used it as a holiday to dress up in costumes, carve pumpkins, and eat tons of candy. Well this holiday does not exist in Italy, where my hubby is from, so he has never carved a pumpkin before. I decided it was high time he gave it a shot.
This would also be Guido's first encounter with pumpkin carving, he was not sure what was going on but he does now know that he loves chewing on little pieces of raw pumpkin. I would imagine it tastes a bit like his dried sweet potato treats, and that's why he was so interested.

Let the carving begin...
I used one of the stencils that come with the carving kits, I chose an easy one, it's been awhile since I carved and didn't want to spend all night working on this.

Here they are the finished products. Marco's first pumpkin is a beauty! He loved is so much he's decided that every year we will be carving pumpkins, next year he wants to make a whole army of them to display!

No comments:

Post a Comment