Friday, December 6, 2013

Black Friday, nah I'd rather...

So it's the day after Thanksgiving, when a lot of people are waking up early and heading out to snag super deals on their shopping lists. I prefer to sleep in and wake up nice and slow on my day off from work and school, it's nice to sit on the couch catch up on social media with a cup of coffee, or in my case tea.
Well this Black Friday we decided we would turn it into Decorate Friday! We pulled out the holiday decor and popped open a bottle of Skinnygirl Margarita, my fave!
No margarita glasses this time since I was planning to be dancing around the house with my drink in hand to the lovely sounds of Michael Buble's Christmas album, don't want the drink spilling out as I twirl around.
Since it's just the two of us and our little fur baby we don't do a big tree, we have a nice little 3 footer that fits perfectly in the bay window. (FYI since this was done we have also added some red ornaments and a new tree skirt, follow freckledfair365 on instagram for pics)

Blue is our favorite color so it's only fitting that our tree be silver and blue, I like having a tree that is in the same color scheme. I know it's fun to have the hodge podge tree covered in a million different ornaments you've collected over your lifetime but there is something pretty about a tree with just a few colors that go together so nicely!

We did run out to Pier 1 Imports, luckily they were not very crowded on this lovely Decorate Friday. We picked up a pretty wreath to put on our new front door along with some lovely sparkly cranberry looking garland to wrap around the light post.

We had so much fun decorating at our new house and again I promise I will get pics up of the new place soon. I don't want to post until everything is just perfect and I'm still adding finishing touches all around the place so soon, just be patient, and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment