Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Weekend was filled once again with homework and some shopping. Trying to diet and drop a couple LBS before the trip to Italy, because I'm sure the fresh foccaccia and mozzarella is going to go straight to my pancia (italian for belly).


Saturday morning breakfast before taking my online final for International management class, which I did pretty well on. Breakfast was egg whites, onions, red peppers, some cubed diced smoked ham, all cooked in a bit of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), and along with it a few pieces of fruit.

Saturday's dinner, grilled chillean sea bass, citrus shrimps, garlic and herb shrimps, and roasted veggies.

My awesome new gadget from William Sonoma trip we made on Sunday. Can't wait to use it! My hubby also got a pretty dang cool avocado knife which I forgot to take a picture of him using to make Sunday night's dinner.

This is Sunday night's dinner, so you take 2 cloves of garlic and we used 2 big chicken breasts but you can use as many as you want, this is an easy meal because you just add whatever you want to it. You cook the chicken in the skillet with about 1/2 cup of water so it's moist, and as it's cooking use 2 forks to shredd it up, I prefer my chickn shredded for tacos instead of stripped or cubed. I added to this 1/2 packet of taco seasoning, a mini can of corn, 3/4 can of black beans (rinsed and drained), 1/2 can of rotel drained, and some onion, could have added a bit of jalepeno to the meat while cooking to spice it up but forgot so definitiely next time. Also made some guacamole but forgot my lime so it was missing a bit of something anyway it's just one mashed avocado, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, and diced red onion, oh and add a bit of kosher salt and if you have a lime squeeze some in there. It's a super yummy healthy easy meal!




No comments:

Post a Comment